BHS valedictorian recalls high school experiences, looks forward to Berkeley – Benicia Herald

By Nick Sestanovich

Every year, hundreds of talented students graduate from Benicia High School. However, only one student ends up having the grades to come out on top. This year, that student is Austin Lim.

Earning the rank of valedictorian was no surprise to Lim who treats his status rather humbly.“Being valedictorian was not surprising or joyful, which sounds rather harsh but is something I will not deny,” he said. “It has, however, caused me unexpected stress. I have always thought there are many others better qualified to take the spot and thus shied away from praise.”“I had no doubt that I would be valedictorian from day one,” he added. “The question was whether I wanted to be, and in the end I am, so oh well, no regrets.”

Lim was very productive in his time at Benicia High. His schedules were always filled with Advanced Placement and Honors courses, and he was an active participant in several student clubs. He was a member of Key Club, Chess Club and Christian Club and was also a leader of the school’s Math Club. Additionally, Lim was also a member of the school’s cross country team, and he had participated in Benicia’s annual Run For Education, where in 2014 he had placed 22nd out of 178 runners.

Source: BHS valedictorian recalls high school experiences, looks forward to Berkeley