Exemplary Program Awards and Title I Schools – Year 2016 (CA Dept of Education)

State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson today announced additional honors for 508 of the 779 elementary schools that were recognized as Gold Ribbon Schools.

Thirty-five of those Gold Ribbon Schools have been selected as having an Exemplary Program in Arts Education or Physical Activity and Nutrition. Schools applied separately for those honors.

Additionally, Gold Ribbon Schools that are also Title I schools were recognized as Academic Achieving Schools. This distinction is given only to schools receiving federal Title I funds that aid in meeting the educational needs of students living at or below the poverty level. The list of recognized schools follows at the end of this press release.

“I’m delighted to honor these schools and programs, which are doing a tremendous job preparing our students for 21st century opportunities and graduating lifelong learners in the process,” Torlakson said.

Source: Exemplary Program Awards and Title I Schools – Year 2016 (CA Dept of Education)