California National Title I Distinguished Schools – Year 2017 (CA Dept of Education)

State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson congratulated two California schools for receiving national recognition for achievement in 2017. Ulloa Elementary School in San Francisco and Alvarado Elementary School in Signal Hill are two of up to 100 schools being recognized as National Title I Distinguished Schools.

“Congratulations to Principal Carol Fong and Principal Lucy Salazar, as well as all the teachers, administrators, staff, school board members, parents, classified employees, and students for these schools,” said Torlakson. “They are all examples of aiming high, achieving goals, and continuing to move forward and upward—the California Way.”

A project of the National Title I Association, the National Title I Distinguished Schools Program publicly recognizes qualifying Title I schools for the outstanding academic achievements of their students. Beginning in 1996, the program has highlighted hundreds of schools with exceptional student performance, as well as schools closing the achievement gap between student groups.

Source: California National Title I Distinguished Schools – Year 2017 (CA Dept of Education)