The Fairfield-Suisun School District’s governing board voted unanimously Thursday to affirm the appointment of Marina Romero as the district’s facilities project manager.
Romero for the past six years held the position of energy manager in the district. She managed the implementation of the California Clean Energy Jobs Act (Proposition 39) projects, leading to multiple energy savings measures for the district that include:
• Installation of energy-efficient interior and exterior lighting projects at 19 sites.
• Lighting control upgrades at 13 sites.
• Replacement of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning units at three sites.
• Installation of photovoltaic structures (solar panels) at five sites
• Deferred maintenance project bids and contracts to improve energy efficiency