What’s in a name? Honor for a retired longtime Vacaville educator – The Vacaville Reporter

By Richard Bammer

Before Vacaville Unified leaders opened a new school in her honor, she recalled “a wonderful career that I would do again in a heartbeat.”

“It was my calling and I loved going to work every day,” said Shelley Dally in a brief email just hours in advance of the Wednesday dedication of the Shelley Dally Early Learning Village at 621 S. Orchard, the former home of the Bethany Lutheran School, across the street from Alamo Elementary.

And moments before she grasped the obligatory oversized scissors to cut the white ribbon emblazoned with VUSD lettering, Dally, a former district trustee serving for 10 years, reflected on the event’s meaning, saying the district’s newest campus is a place “where from the very beginning of a student’s education, they can come to a place that is based not only on giving them a great start in life but on equity,” a school where special-needs students “are included from Day 1 with general education students.”

Source: What’s in a name? Honor for a retired longtime Vacaville educator – The Vacaville Reporter