Benicia Middle School student creates cardboard robotic suit for art final – Benicia Herald

By Nick Sestanovich

Benicia Middle Schoolers got a big surprise yesterday, as they witnessed a person in a cardboard Iron Man suit walking around campus during lunch. That person was eighth-grader Ronald Goodman, and it was his final art project for the year.

Goodman is a student in Pat Hall’s advanced art class, which consists of very artistically inclined eighth-graders as well as some equally gifted seventh-graders. The final for the year: create a project out of recycled materials, and do it within five to six weeks.Goodman, however, had his idea ready before that.

“The first thing I decided I was going to make was costumes or cosplay,” he said. “I started out with Spider-Man suits and some of the Avengers. I started on the Iron Man suit at home, and when I heard we could make our own project in class, I decided to use more resources to come to school and finish it.”

Source: Avengers, Assemble: Benicia Middle School student creates cardboard robotic suit for art final