Photo courtesy of the Dixon Public Library Archives
It may surprise some in town to know that the old Dixon High School campus on A Street was not the school’s original building. The Dixon Union High School building at right, located at Fourth and A Streets, was built in 1915. It was torn down less than 25 years later, in 1939, because it was “not earthquake proof,” according to documentation from the Dixon Public Library. At that time, the current building on A Street was built. Want to see more historic images? The library regularly posts pictures from its archives on its Facebook page. Search for the “Dixon Public Library” on www.Facebook.com.